Authorised Importers, Dealers and Stockists of STEINEL Hot Air Guns
Troubleshooting and other important information about Heat Shrink Guns and its operation and maintenance
WHAT IS A HEAT GUN?
A heat gun is a device used to emit a stream of hot air. They are superficially similar in shape and construction to a hair dryer, though they run at much higher temperatures which can be adjusted as per the end users requirement.
HOW HEAT GUN WORKS?
The method of operation of a hot air gun is similar to a hair dryer, a fan pulls air into the body of the tool and drives it across an electric heating element and out through a nozzle.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF HOT AIR HEAT SHRINK GUNS?
For all the information on hot air heat shrink gun applications Click Here
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD THE LIFE OF THE HEATING COIL OF THE HOT AIR GUN?
Always use the heat gun based on the recommended usage time. Always place the hot air gun on its backrest with the nozzle pointing upwards so that the gun has no accumulation of hot air when its not being used. The gun should be kept at a distance of 15 to 20 cms from the object or the application. The heat gun should not be exposed to high moisture.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF HOT AIR HEAT GUN?
Heat guns can be used to dry and strip paint, apply heat shrink tubing, apply shrink film, dry out damp wood, bend and weld plastic, soften adhesives, heat shrink wrap on packaging, and thaw frozen pipes. They are also used in electronics to desolder circuit board components.
Our heat gun products :-
shrink pack heat gun
cable sleeve shrinking heat torch
shrink fitting sleeves hot air gun
shrink tubing heat gun
cable crimping hot air pistol
pallet shrinking hot air blower
hot gun for shrinking neck of plastic bottle seals
shrink fit electric heat gun
busbar insulation tubes heat shrink gun
shrink wrapping hand-held hot air gun
CAN WE SET THE TEMPERATURE ON A HEAT GUN?
The very basic heat guns have just one heat setting and one fan speed and are designed primarily for low end applications. The advanced models have two or three heat settings or even a fully variable adjustment within a range, together with a choice of two, three or variable speeds of air flow. Some of the higher models have a LCD display especially for SMD desoldering where a precise temperature / airflow is required.
The effective delivered temperature of any hot air blower can be reduced by holding it further away from the surface, but having variable settings gives more choice.
HOW CAN WE CONCENTRATE THE HOT AIR IN ONE AREA WHITOUT HEATHING AREAS NEARBY?
Heat guns can have nozzles which deflect their air for various purposes, such as concentrating the heat on one area, or thawing a pipe without heating up the wall behind.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STEINEL HOT AIR GUNS?
- Extremely wide range of applications
- Easy to use
- Continuously adjustable temperature
- Electronic temperature control
- Sturdy and reliable
- Wearing parts effortlessly changed (HG 5000 E / HG 4000 E / HG 2300 E/EM)
- Comprehensive selection of accessories for each gun type
HEAT GUN FEATURES?
As such a simple tool, there are not many differences between one model of heat gun and another - but there are some features which are important.
- Wattage - commonly from 1000W to 2000W (a measure of the power of the gun) . Providing that there are heat and/or airflow controls, the higher the wattage, the better.
- Main control switch - usually mounted on the front of the pistol grip, and normally a 'dead man' switch so that power is switched off when the finger pressure is removed - an ideal safety feature as the heat gun stops if it is accidentally dropped.
- Temperature setting - Temperature setting feature is available in high eng models with digital display.
- Airflow setting - having variable or more than one speed makes the tool more versatile.
- Thermal cut out - this will switch off the tool if it becomes overheated. If this occurs, it indicates a fault in the tool or method of use - for safety, the fault must be identified and corrected before the heat gun is again used.
- Flex length - lengths of 2.5 to 3 m are normally fitted, this means that when using an extension lead, the tool can be used at the full reach without having the socket hanging in mid air.
- Hanging hook - useful for storing the tool.
- Surface stand - this enables the heat gun to be safety 'rested' during pauses in the work and after uses. It also allows the gun to be used 'hands-free' when two hands are required on the work piece (such as when bending a plastic pipe).
- Nozzles - most heat guns have a range of nozzles that can be fitted for specific uses, generally this need to be purchased separately.
The main types of nozzles are: Surface Nozzle, Reflector Nozzle, Reduction Nozzle , Wide Slit Nozzle, Welding Nozzle Slit Nozzle, Soldering Reflector Nozzle, Reduction Nozzle of different size (9mm, 14mm, 20mm) for focused source of hot air, Window Nozzle
- Other Accessories - Feed Roller, Paint Scrapper Set, Plastic Welding Rod, Shrink Tubing Kit, Quarter-moon crucible steel knife, Hot air ,gun stand, Guard cage, HL hanging loop
UNDERSTANDING THE WARRANTY CONDITIONS & SPARE PARTS FOR THE HOT AIR BLOWER:
Each HAG is accompanied with a warranty document. Please read the conditions carefully and use the tool in accordance with the stipulated guidelines. The tool can be repaired by any authorised service station in accordance with the guidelines. If the end user wishes to repair the tool on his own, please ask for the circuit drawings and original spare parts from the authorised sales and service provider. Use standard recommended and approved accessories only. The warranty is violated and annulled if any non standard accessory is used with the HAG